Women often face unique communications challenges in the workplace. Workplace culture, current societal attitudes towards gender and race, and lack of confidence, all have made it harder for women to make their voices heard and their ideas and contributions acknowledged. Our "Make Your Voice Heard" workshop, delivered at your worksite, helps women overcome some of these challenges. It combines didactic with experiential learning (role-play and group exercises) so that new behaviors can be internalized. We can also customize a workshop for your business or organization.
You will learn to:
- Speak with authority and make your impact felt
- Eliminate qualifiers and hedges that diminish your power
- Handle interruptions and other dismissive behaviors
- Highlight your achievements without bragging
- Overcome internal barriers -- such as "impostor syndrome" and perfectionism
- Disagree strategically